ServSafe® Food Handler Course
ServSafe® Food Handler Program
The premier provider of food safety training is proud to offer solutions to meet any food handler training need. Whether you are an employee seeking your Food Handler Card or an operation seeking a compliant solution for your employees, the ServSafe® Food Handler Program has a product that’s right for you.
About the ServSafe® Food Handler Program
Leveraging the principles and instructional design of the ServSafe® Manager Certification Program, the National Restaurant Association introduced the ServSafe® Food Handler Program. There are online and print solutions to best suit individual needs.
ServSafe® Food Handler Product Options
Online Course and Assessment
- Highly interactive course covers critical food safety information and includes an assessment.
- Online tracking capability allows the training status of employees assigned to the course to be viewed.
- Course Length: Approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- Assessment Length: A 40-question, non-proctored test. It has no time limit.
- Recommended for individuals seeking certificate or card independently, companies training a large number of users, and operators in need of flexible scheduling
Food Handler Guide and Assessment
- Recommended for instructors or companies utilizing a classroom training experience
- Group training for large volume of students
- Email notification when certificate of achievement or card available for download
- Program Length: Approximately two hours (varies based on instructor pace)
- Assessment Length: A 40-question, non-proctored test. It was no time limit.
For more information about the ServSafe® Food Handler Program, contact your National Restaurant Association sales representative or call 1-866-901-7778. Learn more at ServSafe.com/FoodHandler.
Five Reasons to Choose the Food Handler Program
- Best-in-class Training
Uses the same principles and instructional design as the ServSafe® Manager Program.
- Co Common workforce language - makes food safety information easy to comprehend and retain.
- Visual cues - such as a red and a green help learners instantly identify right and wrong practices.
- Real-World Scenarios - help learners apply classroom lessons to the work environment.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Covers Key Food Safety Areas - Basic Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-contamination & Allergens, Time & Temperature, and Cleaning & Sanitation.
- Food Code Information - Based on the 2007 Supplement to the 2005 FDA Food Code update and a recent employee job task analysis.
- Food Safety Assessment - A 40-question assessment accurately measures knowledge and understanding of food safety.
- Certificate of Completion - Fill out or print a ServSafe Food Handler Certificate of Completion after passing the assessment.