What are the recommended technical specifications for this course?
Our recommended technical specifications include the following:
- - Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- - 500MB of RAM or more, depending on operating system
- - Sound card and speakers enabled
- - Compatible keyboard and mouse
- Internet Access:
- - High-speed Internet access is recommended (Minimum connection: 56K modem with actual connection speed greater than 40Kbps)
- Operating System and Software:
- - Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher with cookies enabled or Firefox® 2.0 or higher
- - Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or higher
- - Adobe® Flash® Player 9.0.115 or higher (Download latest Adobe Flash Player)
- - Adobe Reader®
- - 800*600 monitor capable of thousands of colors [high color (16-bit)] or higher, millions of colors
- - Cookies enabled
- - Pop-up blockers disabled
- The course may not function properly on a Macintosh computer and is not supported at this time. Do not take the course using the Safari® browser.
How can I get technical support?
If you do not find the answer on this site, email email@example.com or phone the Service Center during standard business hours. Our business hours, excluding national holidays are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 6:30 p.m. (U.S. Central Standard Time) Toll Free: (800) 765-2122 x 6703
Local Chicago: (312) 715-1010 x 6703 in www.ServSafe.com
My computer meets the recommended technical specifications but I still can't get a course to work. What should I do?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Customer Service Department at (800) 765-2122, ext. 6703. In Chicago (312) 715-1010, ext. 6703, to see if there is a problem that can be solved to enable you to use the course. If the course still won't work, you will be provided with further instructions.
Can I access the courses from another computer, such as at home or a different location?
Yes. You may use the course from another computer if that computer meets the recommended technical specifications. You also will need the ability to connect to the Internet using a 56K modem or higher (high-speed access is preferable).
If I access the course from a different location will my progress and scores be retained?
Yes. The course is Internet-based so your progress and scores are saved.
Can I access the courses if I have AOL?
We do not recommend using this course on an AOL® Web browser. This course is meant to be viewed in a graphical Web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox that supports the Flash plug-in.